Care for your pets during the coronavirus epidemic.
Newton Clarke Veterinary Surgeons in both Sherborne and Yeovil have plans in place to keep you and your pets safe and well during these troubling times.
We have changed our waiting-room layout and consultation times to minimise numbers and we recommend clients wait in their cars until called through to consultation rooms. Hand sanitisers are available on reception and we would appreciate their use on entry. We ask that everyone keeps a “safe” distance from each other and our staff.
We recognise many owners will not be able to visit the surgery in person and if nobody can safely do this for you, we advise the following,
1. For ordering medications, food and for general enquiries, the reception staff will be your point of contact on our normal telephone numbers (Sherborne 01935 816228 and Yeovil 01935 474415). In the event you or a nominated person cannot attend the surgery we will endeavour to provide a home delivery service for essential medications.
2. For specific medical problems that require a nurse or vet, a telephone consultation can be booked through the reception staff. We may be able to prescribe medications based on this consultation.
3. If the telephone consultation indicates your pet needs to be seen, and you are in self-isolation, your pet will be collected and brought to the surgery for examination and treatment and then returned to you. If we have to visit your home, we will discuss the procedure for keeping both you and our team safe whilst collecting your pet. Circumstances will depend on whether you are self- isolating for your own protection or because you are a suspected coronavirus case. Details will be discussed by phone together with questions we normally ask during a face-face consultation.
4. Home delivery of essential medications or for those that cannot be posted will be attempted on a case by case basis.
5. A video consultation platform is in development that we hope to be available for the week commencing the 23rd March 2020.
We will continue to provide a full medical, surgical and emergency service as possible with your and our safety in mind. We know your pets are family members and we will do everything possible to provide the care they need, when they need it.
July 23, 2020
July 14, 2020
April 16, 2020