Sherborne (01935 816228):
Weekday: 8:30am to 6:00pm | Saturday: Closed Sunday: Closed
Yeovil (01935 474415):
Weekday: 8:30am to 6:00pm (open until 8pm Tuesday & Thursday) | Saturday: 9am to 2pm | Sunday: 9am to 12pm
We aim to work together not only as a practice but with our wider community to affect as much change as possible.
Change in not only the way we do things now but the way in which we intend to do things in the future.
This may mean some changes to the way we do things and in the way we provide medications and services but please do not only bare with us but join us in supporting our planet now and for generations to come.
What are we doing to make a difference?
Our progress so far...
Increased use of sustainable Products
- Reduction of use of single-use plastic-backed ‘incontinence pads’ though purchase of reusable incontinence pads and dental mats
- Use of products made from recycled materials where possible
- Switched to purchase of blue roll without plastic wrapping
- Replaced ‘traditional’ buster collars with Green-Col recyclable collars
- Switched to reusable cloths for cleaning
Improved waste management
- New recycling bins ordered and placed in all rooms for improved waste segregation
- Use of ‘Reworked’ recycling scheme for recycling of all PPE and soft plastics
- Rinsing and recycling of pet food pouches
- Improved signage to optimise waste streams
Moving towards paperless systems & reduced energy usage
- New pre-operative information sheets being sent electronically rather than printed
- Increased use of Petsapp for electronic communication
- Reduction in the amount of bedding/blankets being laundered through responsible use and by purchase of a hot-air blanket for patient warming
- LED lightbulb policy: replacement of exhausted bulbs with LED alternatives
- Instalment of motion-sensor lighting in the basement to avoid lights being left switched on
Our Green Team is working hard on....
Our goals and objectives
Our primary objectives have been set with the aim of achieving these goals by the end of 2022
Increased use of sustainable consumables
Ensure correct waste management
Increased use of paperless systems
Reduction of our use of volatile anaesthetic gases
We are also working on the following
- Assess the environmental impact and carbon footprint across all aspects of our company
- Work with suppliers to reduce the environmental impact of procured products
- Reduce waste
- Reduce energy usage
- Continue staff training and education